We’re looking for our next Crew members… Are we looking for you?
Our passion is serving the blue-collar business owners of the world, helping them grow the companies they have always dreamed of. We are Blue-Collar Proud! Why? Because when we are able to help an honest, hard-working business grow, they create good jobs, which makes their communities a better, safer place to live. And a strong, working middle class makes a stronger economy for us all. See? It’s not just about marketing services for us. It’s about changing the world in our own big way, one client at a time. Our mission is to be the trusted marketing partner for these amazing businesses, to do the hard online marketing work that gets them in front of more people, so that they can focus on doing what they do best, providing amazing customer service experiences. If you have worked at other online marketing agencies, you may have an idea about who we are, but you’d probably be wrong. We don’t do things the way the other guys do.
The way we do our work is different. The way we communicate is different. The way we hire is different.
In the marketing world, it’s commonplace to see companies that will lose around 40 percent of their clients – every year. And even more common is the marketing company that churns through employees at over 50% turnover per year. We think that’s a major problem. How can you do a good job creating value in the world if you don’t do a good job of keeping your people happy? When employees are miserable, forced to jump through impossible hoops, meet double standards, sacrifice having a life in order to keep a job, then there is no way they will bring their best to that job. And why should they? It probably won’t be appreciated anyway. And how does any business expect to keep clients happy when those clients get tossed around every time they call, assigned to today’s new hires who don’t yet have the training to really help, and don’t know anything about the client they are helping? How does this build a business that employees could be proud to work for? The answer is, it doesn’t. Which is why we set out to make a company that did everything different on purpose. And we think you should get to know us better for that reason. But instead of giving you the official recruiting speech meant to snow you into thinking we’re awesome, our amazing employees thought you should just hear it straight from them. How many marketing companies do you know that would dare to be that transparent? (See? Told you we were different!)
Here’s what our employees are saying about working at Spark Marketer:
Are you a good fit for these team roles?
Content & Design Assistant
Description: Our Content & Design Assistant position is for a Jack- or Jill of all trades. You can throw together a website banner, build a new infographic, or color correct an image for an ad in the blink of an eye, all while juggling three other background projects. You’ll be backup to Jessica W and Alex, making sure our client sites are looking fresh and our internal projects keep on keepin’ on.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS, basic JS a plus
- Ability to create basic web page code, find errors in code and fix accordingly
- Edit and upload site files/images using FTP client and desktop code editor
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Ability to add/edit pages and posts with content, images, videos, iframes
- Ability to copy/edit source files using child themes and WP Editor
- Ability to do research on, upload, create, and navigate settings on various plugins for various websites – particularly mobile sites
- Familiarity with Divi a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe products including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Photoshop: photo creation for websites (backgrounds, banners, ads buttons, etc.), photo editing/color correction, image optimization, formatting
- Illustrator: create shapes, icons, logos, and patterns; proficient with pen tool, gradients, blending, etc., alter type and shapes, vectorize images, and output for print
- InDesign: knowledge of page layout for various print projects, formatting and controlling lype layouts, packaging final print files, print production
- Ability to search for royalty-free images on Google/stock websites for print projects, site designs, location pages, and internal projects
- Ability to write in a friendly and informative tone about technical topics, comfortable editing own work and others’
- Flexibility and attention to detail required
- Previous experience with Facebook ads preferred
Description: You probably already keep at least one other person in your life a little more organized without even thinking much about it. Yeah, you just can’t help it, can you? You love being appreciated for the extra thoughtfulness and planning you are so good at. It’s a gift, really. You actually relish a challenge, a new place to shine… If this describes you, we simply must talk! The two owners of this business would love to tell you everything they are up to, and just hear your amazing ideas about how you think you could help them get there sooner, all in one piece, looking like they didn’t even break a sweat. Depending on what you think you could accomplish with what you have to work with, we can talk about a contract, part- or -full-time employment arrangement.
Assistant Account Manager
Description: Our Assistant Account Manager position is great for you if you like knowing what your day will be like and tackling tasks without a lot of surprises. You’ll enjoy consistent and familiar work and a flexible and laid back work environment as you work closely with our Account Managers, supporting them as they support our customers. The ideal candidate will be:
- courteous and friendly
- proficient in basic computer knowledge
- organized and self-motivated
- able to type quickly
- a great communicator
- able to work well with all types of personalities
If you like being the man or woman pushing the buttons and pulling the levers behind the curtain and you’re looking for a full-time, paid position, we want to hear from you!
Description: Okay, so maybe you’ve never contributed to core, but PHP, JS, HTML, CSS, WP codex, themes and plugins aren’t exactly foreign languages to you, either. You get it done, and what you don’t know at the beginning you’ll know before the project is over. Everything just works better after your hands have been on it. You’re a resourceful problem solver with a utility belt full of tools, ready to tackle any mountain in your way, and make things you can really be proud of. You prefer to have a general understanding of what’s needed, and then be turned loose to come up with a killer solution on your own. Shoulders are for patting, not looking over, amirite? You like the code, but you’re no slouch with Adobe Creative Suite, either. Whatever it takes to get it done without having to wait for someone else. And besides, you like the variety. With chops like this, you probably already have a lot of gigs going, and that’s cool with us. Let’s talk about how we can work together to give you what you’re looking for out of the deal: contract, part- or full-time are all a possibility for the right person. Remote, too. Introduce yourself!
Paid Writing Internship Opportunity!
Description: Do you have a creative mind? Do you enjoy finding new ways to say things? Can you write about anything, given an angle and a little time to research? Do you love the Oxford comma? If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! We are looking for talented interns to write original website and blog post copy for clients primarily in the service industry. The ideal candidate will be a current student with excellent grammar and typing skills, and the ability to consistently put out quality, flowing, informative, easy to read content.
Site pages will need to be 400+ words in length. We’ll provide examples to help you with formatting and style, but it’s imperative that you use ORIGINAL COPY EACH AND EVERY TIME. If you consider CTRL+C and CTRL+V writing, DO NOT waste your time or ours.
- IT’S A PAID INTERNSHIP!
- UNIQUE CULTURE & RELAXED ENVIRONMENT IN EAST NASHVILLE. You’ll be working in a relaxed environment (beanies & tees welcome) with friendly people who genuinely care about what they do. Plus, there are 6 coffee shops in close proximity.
- ROOM FOR GROWTH. If an intern is a good fit for the company, there is a possibility that he or she will be brought on as a full-time writer down the road.
If you’d like to learn more about this PAID INTERNSHIP, please get in touch. Cheers!