There’s lots to cover this week, and we think you’re going to enjoy what we’ve been reading this week.
In our Power Marketing Mintues (you can see them all on our YouTube Channel), we’ve been talking a lot about customer service and leadership lately. It’s been on our mind quite a bit as we continue to grow as a company, and our hope has been that our clients have found them helpful. The articles we’ve been reading this week zero in on customer service and leadership within a company.
Finally this week, we’ve got a heartwarming story about filmmaker that rescued a puppy from a backyard breeder. He was told this very special puppy may not live long, but as you can see, things don’t always go as expected. May your day be filled with the joy of the moment!
Periodically, we post some of our favorite articles of the week. While a lot usually does go on during a week on the web, this week was especially newsworthy. Google dropped 2 new algorithm updates that may drastically alter the search marketing landscape. Along with news on that, here are some other interesting things we found.
- 2 days after the so-called mobilegeddon update, Moz has studied the initial results of the algorithm update that affects websites based on mobile friendliness.
- Speaking of mobile friendliness, Google has a handy tool to help you know whether your site is up to snuff on the mobile front.
- The 2nd of the Google algorithm updates involved so-called “doorway pages.”
- Here’s an interesting article on the psychology of why we like and share things on Facebook.
- Here’s the “hellscape” where our old computers go to die. Fascinating story from Wired.
- On the glorious side of things, Jon Stewart asks Neil deGrasse Tyson whether Batman could beat Superman.
Finally, I attended a webinar put on by BrightLocal, and some great insight was offered by the panel. Here’s one thing they mentioned that I tweeted out.
The Spark Marketer crew’s best articles this week include a pretty believable scam, Facebook’s On This Day feature, and some other interesting reads. Take some time this weekend to catch up on the week’s online news!
Finally, if you are located in the Nashville, TN area, come by our office on Saturday, April 11, 2015. From 6pm to 10pm, we are participating in the East Side Art Stumble. Come see Kay Hunt’s abstract mixed media art that hangs in our beautiful office space.
After a short hiatus, we’re back with some of our best reads of the week. We’ve got everything from encouraging naysayers to the importance of crafting your content to the mobile web. Enjoy!
Finally, check out this tweet from @GoogleMaps. A pretty cool idea for a slingshot!
There is always something good to read. Most of the time, you don’t even have to dig very far. Check out what the Spark Marketer crew has been reading.